Digital innovation is reshaping the insurance industry - We’re making it happen. Charles Taylor InsureTech was established to help insurance businesses drive change through the delivery of technology enabled solutions. We don’t have a one-size-fits-all approach or prescriptive methodology. We work consultatively with our clients to revitalise their operations, reinvent established processes and implement future-ready solutions that deliver measurable benefit and improve data-driven decision making.
Charles Taylor InsureTech (CTI) combines proprietary software, 3rd party software and strategic partnerships (across the technology stack) to create technology enabled business solutions for the global insurance industry. Our market solutions include a digital front-end (distribution and engagement), business process digitisation and automation, document management, data mastery and analytics, end-to-end claims management, and core business administration.
The Solution Architecture function within the CTI Chief Technology Office (CTO) department is responsible for the design and governance of solutions and setting the technical strategic direction for CTI market offerings. The Solution Architecture function is a critical capability that provides technical and architecture leadership and full range of advisory and delivery services across multiple architecture domains i.e. Enterprise architecture, Solution architecture and Systems/Technical architecture.
The primary responsibility of the Solution Architect is to:
- take full ownership for all high-level architecture activities and outputs for CTI programme/project deliveries,
- provide architecture/design leadership and oversight for all detailed design activities on CTI programme/project deliveries, and
- ensure effective design governance for the solution, establishing and running design working groups at delivery level and appropriately interfacing with wider organisational governance forums (e.g. Design Authority)
The solution architect is a key, technical leadership on CTI projects. The role is responsible for ensuring that the solution:
- is functionally and technically fit for purpose and meets the client’s business objectives /requirements and commercially viable
- complies with CTI policies and standards, is performant, available, scalable, secure and data privacy compliant by design
- play an active role in both pre-sales and post-sale activity
- is collaboratively developed through consultation and input from various business and technical stakeholders at all levels (including CxO) within Charles Taylor InsureTech and our Client organisations
- meaning strong communications skills and an ability to tailor messages for different audiences is key to the success of this role.
Demonstrate and role model the Charles Taylor six Values by ensuring a Supportive Environment, upholding Excellence in People, focusing on Partnership with Clients, delivering High quality Work, promoting Group-wide Entrepreneurship and having an Appetite for Change.
- Extensive background in IT, with experience ideally in Solution Architecture or Systems/Technical architecture roles
- Background in software engineering or systems integration/client solution implementation experience with a major Systems Integrator is desirable
- Pragmatic approach to solution architecture with strong problem-solving skills. Holistic solution architecture skills is essential i.e. ability to analyse, define and influence business architecture domain, Information Systems (application and data architecture) architecture and Information Technology architecture domains to deliver holistic solutions
- Experience managing solution architecture workstream on medium-large size projects and programmes is essential
- Ability to be a hands-on technical expert and play a more generic Solution Architecture role on projects is essential
- Good understanding of strategic IT planning and Enterprise Architecture methodologies/frameworks is desired. Preferably TOGAF (or equivalent) certified. ArchiMate and/or UML knowledge/certification is desirable but not essential
- Strong technical skills in Azure cloud and Microsoft technologies is essential (not purely infrastructure, but application design and delivery in Azure cloud and awareness of Azure infrastructure services)
- Oracle and/or Java skills/experience or knowledge and architect-level exposure to wider systems/technology exposure (e.g. Finance systems, HR systems, CRM systems implementation and integration) is desirable but not essential
- Strong understanding of delivery methodologies and IT service management is essential
- Good understanding of the IT security domain for secure application development and application delivery is essential
- Insurance and/or financial services sector experience is desirable
- Good awareness and understanding of modern IT practices and capabilities e.g. (e.g. CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, Micro services, API integrations…)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Charles Taylor we are proud to be an Inclusive Employer. We provide an environment of mutual respect with zero tolerance to discrimination of any kind regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital/ family status, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Our external partnerships and the dedicated work we do in promoting a transparent and fair recruitment and selection process all contribute to the successful, inclusive and diverse culture and environment which we are proud to be a part of at Charles Taylor.