Charles Taylor is a leading international provider of professional services to clients in the global insurance market.
We are currently recruiting Data Governance & Data Management Manager within our Management Services Division (MSUKI).
Reporting to the Performance and Strategy Director you will be accountable for the control of data within MSUKI, from both a strategic and day-to-day perspective. This will include accountability for the following sub-areas:
- Setting Data Governance Strategy and Policy
- Execution of these via day-to-day Data Management
- Identification of and liaison with Data Owners and Data Stewards
- Quarterly Data Audits and actions arising from these
- Driving and coordinating Data Quality Improvement
- Regulatory Compliance with respect to data matters
- Review of Change Programmes & Projects from a Data Governance perspective
- Liaison with Group InfoSec & Data Privacy
- Demonstrate and role model the Charles Taylor six values by ensuring a Supportive Environment, upholding Excellence in People, focusing on Partnership with Clients, delivering High Quality Work, promoting Group-wide Entrepreneurship and having an Appetite for Change.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on “player-manager”, who can both set policy and drive its adoption. The ability and willingness to “roll-up their sleeves” to get nitty-gritty work done is also key, this would include administrative tasks to do with Data Governance. In addition you will require:-
- Previous experience of developing and executing Data Governance Policies and Frameworks
- Direct expertise in the following:
- Data Governance, Data Management, Data Quality Improvement,Data AudiSupport and review of Change Programmes & Projects from a Data perspective
- Knowledge, or at least familiarity with, data-related technology
- Sufficient knowledge of SQL / Database Programming to either write or specify Data Quality, Data Reconciliation and Data Audit scripts
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and the role of Data Governance in this area
- Awareness of the importance of cultural transformation in establishing successful Data Governance and driving Data Quality Improvement
- Be a team player, both within own function and the broader organisation
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and ideally regulators themselves
- Keeping abreast of latest thinking in Data Governance, including frameworks, organisation structures and tools
- Having held a senior role in Insurance, or possessing a demonstrable ability to switch sectors successfully
- Experience of contributing to wider Data Transformation Programmes
- Experience of working within or in collaboration with a Strategy Function
- Experience of Data Architecture work
- Familiarity with Data Analytics/Data Science
- Prior Project Management Experience
- Hands-on Knowledge of Microsoft BI Stack (eg SSIS, SSAS, SSS, Power BI etc)
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Charles Taylor we are proud to be an inclusive employer. We provide an environment of mutual respect with zero tolerance to discrimination of any kind regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital/family status, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.