Emergency Call Handler - International Travel Assistance
Hours: Mon - Fri, shifts rostered between 8am & 8pm with some weekend work, full-time position
Salary: £18,000 - £19,000
Are you are looking for a career that offers responsibility and challenge? Then this could be an ideal role for you! We are seeking reliable and empathetic individuals to join our award winning international travel assistance teams. The position is as challenging as it is rewarding as you will be working at the front line of the business where you are co-ordinating services such as medical evacuations, repatriations and air ambulance.
- Receive inbound calls from customers abroad relating to a medical situation
- Understand fully the customers situation, concerns and current location
- Take note of everything the customer is saying, paying particular attention to their emotional well being
- Using empathy and sympathy towards the customers situation
The successful applicant will need to possess the following attributes:
- Technical Knowledge: you will be trained to understand and manage high cost and complex inpatient medical assistance claims, including organising evacuations, medical treatment and liaising with clients to provide updates
- People skills: a proactive, can do attitude with a real focus on customer quality
- Organised: able to self-manage a personal portfolio of customers with the ability to prioritise and be self-motivated
- Communication: be proficient in both verbal, listening and written skills
- Personal: demonstrate excellent interpersonal and organisational skills with a flexible approach
Experience & Skills:
- You will be able to demonstrate exceptional telephony based customer service skills and be able to quickly build rapport with people whilst remaining professional at all times.
- You will be self-motivated and have excellent organisational skills
- Capable of multi-tasking using various computer software - essential
- The ability to work on your own initiative whilst performing as part of a team - essential
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail - essential
- Confident and articulate on the telephone - essential
- Free on-site parking
- Free mini-bus service from Chichester Train Station
- Free Health Cash Plan for cover towards treatment for dental, prescriptions and many more.
- Free annual travel insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Discount on your home and motor insurance
- Salary supplements for using an additional language
- 20 days holiday a year, plus 8 days bank holiday (incremental increase with each year's service)
- Annual Bonus scheme
- Fully equipped gym and other social club facilities.
- Discounted events organised by the Social Club; membership of just £2 per month.
CEGA is part of the Charles Taylor Group, a leading professional services company that has supported clients across the global insurance market since 1884.